Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Making Baby Food



I'm not sure why I'm blogging about making baby food. But some people have asked me how I do it...and I kinda want to remember what it was like doing this...one day when I have kids in college, and I'm way past this stage. I really enjoy making it...I feel like I'm giving my baby the best...and it saves A LOT of money. So, after I steam it, and puree it...I freeze it individually in ice cube trays and then pop the cubes out and freeze them in a big freezer ziploc bag...like all the peas together, all the sweet potatoes together, etc. I have bought jarred baby food a few times, when I'm in a pinch. I've kept the jars, and I use them to freeze individual portions for when I'm on the go. I just defrost it and throw it in the diaper bag...it works great.

1 comments:

ren said...

So here's a thought now that I'm a food puree pro. throw some steamed veggies and a bit of chicken broth (or juice if you're making a fruit blend) into your blender instead of food processor. I can make so much more this way and then pouring it into ice cube trays is much easier. Especially good when they need a finer texture. I even toss in some brown rice! ...just a thought. My Bosche blender can even handle meat, it's the bomb.