Sunday, January 18, 2009

Bethlehem

They were mesmerized by the wiseman talking to them near the manger
It was a late night and Grier was DONE!
They couldn't wait to see Baby Jesus in the manger.
I know this is blurry...but I really liked this picture of them talking to the townspeople.
Gracen and Aiden had a blast petting all the animals in Bethlehem.

I know I'm totally going out of order on all these postings, but I have a lot of catching up to do. Before Christmas we went to Burnet, to see a re-creation of the city of Bethlehem. Wow, it was unbelievable! It was so realistic and surreal to be there. We went out to dinner first in Liberty Hill...it was just one of those great nights, where everyone gets along...we're having fun, we're excited to see Baby Jesus. So we head to Burnet on the last night of this thing, thinking we would just whip in. Wow, were we wrong. Okay, this is literally days before I am due. We have all three kids, the stroller, and lollipops...but we still weren't prepared. We had to wait in line for almost 2 hours!!! This was apparently the place to be. Did I mention that I was days away from giving birth!? Yeah, we got some stares. I think I made people nervous thinking they might have to assist in delivering my baby. Anyways, this thing was amazing, and so worth the wait. We decided it will definitely be a tradition every year. The kids thought it was so neat, and it was a really great reminder of what we are truly celebrating. I was watching "Mary" cradle her baby in her arms in a cold, damp cave, in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by men...and at that moment I realized how blessed I was that in a few days, I was going to deliver my baby in a warm comfy room, surrounded by my loved ones. It really put things in perspective for me. I would encourage everyone to check it out next year. You will not be disappointed.



0 comments: