Saturday, January 17, 2009

Evan Lane Magee







I know this is SO late...I am learning to juggle every day tasks with our bigger family. So here it is...Our beautiful little girl made her way into the world on December 19th...just a few days before Christmas. Evan Lane Magee came bright and early at 5:41 A.M. and weighed 7lbs. 10 oz. She measured 20 1/2 inches, the same as the other three kids. I had started labor on my own and went in to the hospital for a scheduled induction. They let me progress on my own for a little while before giving me some pitocin to speed things along. I had mentioned that this pregnancy had a lot of firsts in a previous blog, and it continued in labor. For the first time ever I allowed someone else in the room besides Blake. My best friends Kendall and Jo both came and Jo was there for the WHOLE thing. I also invited my Mom to be a part of it. She was there until about 2:30 in the morning, but got pretty tired and realized that she had to be awake to take care of our 3 kids in the morning. It was a pretty smooth labor. I labored for a couple of hours without the epidural...and when I finally got it, I was so glad! When it was time, I pushed 3 times and she was out. It was a great experience...Her labor reminded me so much of Gracen's...so easy, peaceful, and even fun! And when she came out, she even looked like Gracen...dark hair, dark skin, almond shaped eyes...although she was more then a pound less then Gracen! Gracen was our chunker. Evan is a sweet and cuddly girl. We love her so much, and are so happy she's finally here! We are blessed!


0 comments: