Saturday, April 10, 2010

Still catching up from 2009...


Thanksgiving 2009

We had plans all lined up...We were headed out to Uncle Bill and Aunt P's house. I was assigned things to bring, the kids were excited, etc. The day or two before, Aiden started complaining about some intense pain in his arms and legs. I dismissed him at first, because to be honest...he's a bit of a hypochondriac. But eventually the pain was so bad that he was brought to tears. He had no other symptoms. So of course, we both were thinking the worst...leukemia. We made an appointment to see the doctor the next day. We prayed...I cried. I think we both had trouble sleeping, knowing that we could find out some life altering news the next day. We headed in to see our beloved Dr. Chang the next morning...and after about a 20 minute exam, he was all set to get some blood work going. He made some off hand comment about the flu, and I reminded him that Grier had the flu the week before. At that point, he was pretty convinced that's what Aiden had...so he tested him, and lo and behold he had the FLU! How weird is that? He had no fever...and no other symptoms. But apparently you can get some pretty wicked myalgia with the flu. Blake and I both breathed a HUGE sigh of relief, and thanked God for the flu...and then proceeded to smother our son with sloppy kisses, and bear hugs...so grateful to have a healthy boy. But of course, because of his "sickness", we weren't able to go the Hengst's like we had planned, because sweet little cousin Gunnar would be there, and he was only about 4 weeks old...and if anyone was around Hayley in the first few months of Gunnar's life...you know she was a TAD crazy. I'm just giving you a hard time H...because I know you'll read this. :) You had a baby during flu/swine flu season...it's understandable...sort of. ;) Anyhow, so that left me scrambling the day before T-Day to put something together for our intimate little Magee Thanksgiving...party of 6. And as you can see in the above picture...I pulled it off rather well...if I do say so myself. It was fun...and cozy...and one that Blake and I will never forget, because we had a NEW reason to be thankful...a son with a case of the flu. Praise God.

2 comments:

ren said...

Oooh I love your curtains! And give the girl a break. Shall I remind you of the horrible, awful RSV Noah had!?

Mageetribe said...

Thanks...Walmart special. :) I'm totally just kidding. I like to give Hayley a hard time. I didn't take Aiden out in public except for the occasional Target trip for 8 weeks...not even church, so I totally get it. I've got nothing but love for her. :) Grier had RSV too...it was horrible! Poor little Noah...