Saturday, April 05, 2008

NKOTB Fever

Wow, I am so super excited...anybody else there with me?? New Kids was my first concert...well unless you count the concerts I was forced to go to by my mom, including Sandi Patty, Carmen, and Harvest. Yikes! I still remember every detail of that 6th grade school night. My mom took me, my best friend Jo, Chrystie, Elizabeth, and my brother to TGIFridays and then to the Frank Erwin Center to rock out. We thought we were pretty hot stuff. At one point the guys starting taking off their shirts and my mom started freaking out. I was totally mortified...but she let us stay. Later we made up this whole story about Joey Joe inviting us up to his hotel room to party. We actually told people this story at school the next day...and the scary thing was, I started to believe it. The 8th graders looked at us like we were crazy...and now I'm totally embarrassed. I'm sure the guys would love to hang out with four 12 year olds with braces, and frizzy hair. Anyways, fast forward to 2008. I am so thrilled they are back together...I know it sounds crazy. But I will totally buy their new album and buy tickets to their concert...well, if it's local...because I will need to be back in time to get some good sleep, take a shower before my kids wake up, start a crock pot meal, put on a load of laundry, and play Candy Land for the 100th time. Wow, times have changed. I totally realize my cool factor has gone WAY down...But now that I'm 30...I care less then when I was 12. So all you late 20's, early 30's gals in denial like me, get ready to bring out your big buttons, t-shirts, pillowcases etc. It's time to relive 1989. Who's in?



3 comments:

ren said...

LOL, hilarious post Mary. I remember my friend had a NKOTB button for her jean jacket the size of a dinner plate. But I have to say I didn't like them then and I still don't! I was one of the few kids who didn't own a button, tape, or t-shirt of Joey, haha. Actually, I don't think Tiff did either. But I hope they come to Austin so you an be a kid again ;)

texasberries said...

I am SOOO in; except my dinner plate sized buttons and jacket with all the patches on it are long gone....maybe I can fine my boston celtics jacket or my gold lame shirt that matched one of Joey Joe's outfits.....

Anonymous said...

I was a Jordan fan... and I was NOT allowed to go to the concert as a kid... I remember crying about this "tragedy" at the time! ahh, to be too cool for them like renee... would have saved me much heartache! good stuff... oooor should I say, the RIGHT STUFF? --Jessica