Friday, April 10, 2009

Our New Table


So, if you didn't know already, we've decided to homeschool Aiden in the Fall for Kindergarten. It was a shock to us...as we always said that we would NEVER homeschool. Well, God is funny that way...at least in my life. I can easily rattle off to you at least 10 things that I have said "never" about, that God later brought into my life. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised....but needless to say, I still am. At this point we are just doing kindergarten, and we'll re-assess every year. Our desire is to prepare our children to succeed in public school the best we can. That's our heart behind it, and what we feel that God is asking of us. It's a little bittersweet for me. I have dreamed of the day that my kids would start school. I have always wanted to be the Homeroom Mom, and to be up at the school all the time. But the reality is, I will still have 3 little girls at home with me. So for now, that's on hold. I AM looking forward to a little more time with Aiden, a little more flexibility, and the opportunity to build into him a little more before sending him off. So that's where our new table comes in. We are trying to get our playroom ready for a more practical area for schooling. So we got this fabulous table online at Walmart, via Site to Store shipping! It's the perfect size, and color (loving the black)...it's made for 3-8 year olds, which means we can use it for longer. For now though, we're using it for crafts, and for the occasional breakfast or lunch. The kids love sitting at it, and always want Evan to be included. That warms my heart.

2 comments:

Kendall said...

I love Grier's bedhead! It cracked me up. Nice table...I should get one. wink, wink. You're such a trendsetter.

Rivka and Rahel said...

I love your table! We got the same table from Walmart to use for homeschooling Caleb! :) You will have to let me know via facebook or email how the homeschooling goes for you. We also said we would never homeschool...but here we are!~Rebecca