Monday, June 08, 2009

Real Food...Sort of....


I finally started feeding Evan some rice cereal. She's about to be 6 months old...in 10 days. You know how excited you were to feed your 1st born cereal? You couldn't wait until they were eating real food. Well, I was like that too...with Aiden. And maybe with Gracen...I stress maybe. Well, definitely after Gracen, that ship had sailed! As our family grows, it is so much easier just to nurse a baby, then to gather up some solids. So I dreaded having to feed Grier baby food, and I've been that way with Evan too. Although, I am looking forward to making baby food. There is something about making my own food, that makes me feel like I'm going above and beyond. You know how bad mommy guilt can be...making baby food sort of redeems that momentarily. Anyways, as usual, Evan was laid back when I gave her cereal for the first time. She ate the entire bowl, like she'd been eating cereal her whole life...no faces, or grimaces. After one bowl, she was a pro. So I guess I'd better gear up, and face the fact that solids are here to stay.

1 comments:

ren said...

Praise God. Can't wait until Noah boy joins the ranks! Love her smiling eyes in these pics.