Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Tribe Sees the Dentist

Tag Team Cleaning

Brave Aiden--off by himself

Clutching the Side

Starting to relax

Whatev...


So, my question to you is...have you ever been to the dentist with 4 children 5 and under before? Well, I wouldn't recommend it. It's an adventure to say the least. Actually this trip was fantastic! First off let me just say how AWESOME Dr. G is at Kids Dental Smiles. Not only was he willing to see all 4 of my kids on the same day, BUT he and his staff are always so kind and patient too! And as a side note, Dr. G is opening up an office in the RR area, so he'll be closer to us!! Check him out if you need a pediatric dentist.
Okay, so back to our adventure...Aiden and Grier love the dentist. Aiden goes off by himself...no big deal. And as you can see Grier feels right at home. This was Evan's first time, and she apparently loved it as well...then there's Gracen.
Wow...where do I begin...Well, I have taken her to the dentist every 6 months since she was 12 months old...and now she's 5. So, if you do the math, she's been...a lot! That doesn't seem to matter. We role play EVERY single time starting about 2 weeks out. We talk about the benefit of healthy teeth. We talk about ALL the prizes she'll get when she goes...because they LOAD you up. But every time we get there we are met with a HUGE meltdown. You would think we were trying to pull all her teeth out. Anyhow, I think her file is marked at Dr. G's office, because the hygienist that came to take her back seemed to breath deeply before calling her name and asked me to come back, which they usually don't offer up front for the "older" kids. BUT to my surprise AND the hygienists,
Gracen was AMAZING! She was brave (for the most part) and cooperative. I couldn't believe it. I did have to hold her hand the whole time...but hey, I'd gladly do that. I smothered her with kisses and praised her ALL DAY long for her bravery...It's only looking up from here.

2 comments:

Kendall said...

i love that you took all of them for appt.'s at once. You are supermom!

Mageetribe said...

It's like taking off a band-aid...you want to yank it off quickly. ;)Having to go back for a 2nd time would have been painful. :) But thanks for the encouragement.