Sunday, January 27, 2008

Girl Time

Mommy and Gracen-the goof ball
Big Sis and Lil Sis-I love this picture of Grier admiring Gracen
Playing Games
A Joyful Child
Fabulous New Haircut-Big Thanks to Aunt Cara!

For whatever reason lately, I have had so much precious time with my girls. I love doing girly things with Gracen...playing with My Little Ponys, baby dolls, dress-up, playing with her hair. When I was young, I was the girliest of girls, but at some point I got it in my head that I only wanted boys. I wanted to drive the mini-van and be the soccer mom, and have a bunch of boys at our house all the time. But when Gracen came along, that all changed. My pink sparkly inner girly girl came out and I was counting down the days until Gracen would start playing with things other then her toes, stacking rings, and rattles. She is so much fun, and I feel such a different connection to her then with Aiden...I think it is simply our shared femininity. As I watch Aiden and Blake I see the same thing with them...well, masculinity that is. With their shared love of things that go and make noise, and stack and crash, they have a connection that is special to them, and awesome to watch. Again, I can't wait until Grier discovers baby dolls, and strollers and bows...oh, how we love our bows around here. Every morning after Gracen and I greet each other, she says. "Mommy, I NEED a bow." I love it! I am overwhelmed by the love I feel in this house with my family! Thank you Jesus...


1 comments:

Leigh Ishee said...

Mary your kids are so beautiful. I love all the pics you put on here. They make me smile. Gracen looks so much like you.