Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Now Entering the Blogosphere

Well, ladies and gentlemen you are reading my first blog - ever. This historical moment may come as a surprise to those of you to whom I never returned a comment on facebook or made any comments on your blogs, or even perhaps neglected to return your email. It's not that I don't love you (in most cases); it's just that I haven't entered into the blogosphere...until now. Much of this comes as the result of my wife's "encouragement" to catch up with "what the kids are doing." So here I am. And now I'm wondering what to write about. Just kidding. I'm writing today to give you the link to a great sermon we heard on Sunday entitled "Keep Hill Country Bible Church Weird." It was based on the Apostle Peter's letter (1Pet 2:4-12) about Christians' relationship to the world (And of course a play on Austin, Texas' mantra "Keep Austin Weird"). I thought it was such a good sermon because it really captured the essence of finding the balance between being set apart from the world but also being salt and light. It's a really difficult thing to do, but when we drift too far one way or the other, things get bad. So, thought I'd share it with you: http://www.hcbc.com/templates/System/details.asp?id=28485&PID=212443
But if you don't feel like listening to a sermon (and I don't blame you) here's an hilarious video from youtube for all you facebookers: http://youtube.com/watch?v=rSnXE2791yg

0 comments: