Saturday, January 19, 2008

Precious Children's Devotional


So with the start of the new year, Blake and I have made a commitment to go "back to the basics". We feel like there are so many things we neglected while in seminary. Since we graduated (I say "we" b/c I held down the fort while he worked multiple jobs and was a full time student.) we have been more spiritually drained then ever before. So for 2008 we have decided that our family needs to step back and kind of start fresh. We have made a commitment to pray consistently with each other. Blake and I have also been getting up before the kids wake up and he leaves for work to have our daily time in God's Word, and to pray for God's guidance for the day. Wow, this has been amazing for me personally. I have really loved my children well lately. I have taken so much joy in them! if I start my day in prayer, focused on the big picture...I have so much purpose in the daily grind. We have also been convicted on our lack of initiative with our neighbors. We really want to be "salt" in our neighborhood, and point people to Christ...So, as you can see there are many "basics" that we need to revisit and become consistent in.

Another desire for 2008 is to have consistent devotions with our children. I came across this book on http://www.christianbooks.com/. Although it is quite a bit cheaper on http://www.overstock.com/ and I think right now there is $1 shipping. This book is absolutely precious. It is for children 2-5 and it is perfect for our kids. And there are really 365 devotions....all different topics, for instance: sharing, helping others, being patient, keeping promises, Listening, sad or mad, sister love, brothers and sisters, forgiving, kinds words...well you get the picture. This really is so age appropriate. If you have toddlers or preschoolers, I would check it out. It's called God and Me, and it's by Penny Boshoff.










0 comments: