Monday, August 03, 2009

7 months




I am totally smitten. Really. I'm proof that it can happen again...on baby #4. Evan is my sweetest baby yet...I'd say that they just get sweeter every time...but there was a 'Grier' thrown in there somewhere. Evan is now 7 months, and we just took her for her 6 month check-up...a little late....but what's a month, or so. She weighed in at a tiny 15lbs. flat. Just for fun, I'd thought I'd post my other children's weights at 6 months:
Aiden-18.1 lbs.
Gracen-19.12 lbs.
Grier-17.5 lbs.
I'm a tad concerned, but I'll keep an eye on it...and maybe weigh her at HEB next time I go. I'm sure she'll be fine. She eats well...so maybe there's no need for concern.
Evan is sitting up, and also getting up on all fours for a few seconds at a time. There is no sign of teeth yet, but she is drooling, and chewing on everything...so I'm sure it's around the corner. I don't think my babies get teeth until at least 8 months...that's probably why nursing is such a good experience for me that 1st year. I just discovered some cradle cap...yuck. She's my first baby to have it, and I'm pretty sure it's because she doesn't get bathed as often as my other 3 did...oops. But we've got a good regime of daily "Head and Shoulders" and it's already going away. Evan gives us belly laughs constantly. She's funny. She seems to always have a smirk on her face, like she's just waiting for someone to do something goofy or funny...which happens often around here. It's like she's saying, "Come on guys, just meet me half way. I'll pretty much laugh no matter what." It's awesome. She's also trying to hold the spoon when we feed her...
Uh-oh. I'm still rooting for a personality like Blake's...but we'll see. Gracen fooled me like this. In my experience, you just never know.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

How sweet! She is just adorable. I am very impressed that you know the weights of all your kids at 6 months. Poor Abigail has not even been for vacines since 4 months old! Guess I need to call and get that done ...

ren said...

Wowzers I guess I never realized all the others were so big!!! My lil preemie weighed in at 18lbs. 12oz. today. He's doing good in length but we gotta beef that boy up! :)