Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Practical Theology for Women


I started this book recently, and I'm really enjoying it. For those of you who know my husband you know he's a seminary grad, and a HUGE historical theology guy. He loves talking about all things theology. In fact he's recently started a blog (It's in my blog list to the left) appropriately named "Traversing Theology". Anyways, because he is passionate about good theology I have started to become a lot more interested in the subject. One of the ways that I can be his recreational companion is to read books like this one. Funny huh? I mean, yeah, he likes it when I watch a football game with him or go listen to music at Waterloo Records...but he LOVES it when I read books about theology. He has been giving me a hard time about having not read his thesis yet...but I seriously don't even understand the title. So maybe after I'm finished reading this book, I'll be ready to tackle the thesis. That should make up for all the romantic comedies he's had to watch, and the shopping bags he's carried.
Okay, well back to the book....it's really well written, and I like the way it's laid out. I included a picture of the back of the book, so you could read it, and hopefully it would peak your interest. And did I mention how pretty the book is too? The woman knows women. I would have picked it up in the store just because it's pretty! Hmmm...I might have some others issues as well. It's broken down into 3 sections: (1) What is Theology, (2) Who is our God, and (3) Communicating with our God. Ladies, it's only 152 pages...super thin. You will be doing yourself a favor if you read a copy of this book. Sharpen your mind, and be ready with an answer....we should have solid theology as well.
Here's the author's blog:

1 comments:

Kelly Tudor said...

Hey Magee, I just started reading this book too! its super awesome so far. Glad God's doing wonderful works in your life.

Blessed,
~Kelly