Saturday, November 27, 2010

First Days of School

First day of 1st grade

First day of kindergarten

First day of their fine arts school on Wednesdays

The littles wanted a picture too

This treasure warms my heart...Aiden grabbed her hand knowing she was nervous...he's not a very affectionate kid, so this meant a lot.


We homeschool. It's a fun adventure. To be honest, it's something I've never wanted to do...but God has brought me joy through my obedience. Another confession...I'm not too quick to tell people that I homeschool. I don't know...I guess I'm still getting used to the idea...and probably still a little bit embarrassed about it. Our exposure to homeschooling has not been the greatest. We've known some sold out, "my way or the high way" kind of homeschoolers and they are not very fun to be around. I don't think homeschooling is for everybody, nor do I think it's God's way for education. It's a scary thing when people start believing that their values are God's values...that's rarely the case. However, for now, God has called the Magee Tribe to homeschool...and that's the adventure we're on.
Aiden started 1st grade this year and Gracen has started kindergarten. Going from 1 to 2 has been a big change....but a good one. I felt kind of weird schooling 1/4 of my children last year...it was all lopsided. Now, I'm schooling 1/2 of my kids and that feels a lot better. It keeps me busy...but the time I get to pour into them has been priceless. Blake and I see this time more than anything as discipleship and character building for them. Our studies are rigorous and challenging....I know academically they are doing well....but I'm more concerned with their hearts, their love for God, and their love for people...That's what we spend a lot of our days working on. Our time together has been a treasure for me.

1 comments:

ren said...

LOL, first pic, Blake. Second pic, Mary. Looks and attitude, talk about mini-mes, I love it!