Monday, November 29, 2010

Friends


This picture is from this summer...so it's old and the babies have changed a lot since this was taken....and we're missing 3 kids in this picture....Aiden, Gracen and the middle sister....BUT I had to share it. We had some spontaneous hang out time with our best friends today. It was just what Kendall and I needed. I don't think either of us were ready to start back up after our Thanksgiving break. We are both homeschooling mamas and our schedules are kinda opposite, so that means our hang out time suffers. Our kids love each other so much though and ask to hang out a lot. I love to watch all 7 of them greet each other...there's lots of excitement and hugging that goes on. It's melt your heart sweetness.

I'm sure I've talked about her before...but Kendall and I have known each other since we were little girls at the church we grew up attending. We were only acquaintances for awhile, and then my mom started babysitting her and her little sister after school everyday...and all day during the summers. I wouldn't say we were instant friends...would you KC??? :) I think we both just put up with each other because we had too. I was super bossy...I know, it's hard to believe. Kendall was and is super sweet. So we fought A LOT. But through the years the Lord knit our hearts together and we developed this kindred spirit, sisterly friendship. We both had become Christians when we were kids, but it wasn't until around the same time as older teenagers that we decided to live our lives for Jesus. And that right there cemented us forever. We also spent a summer together in NYC through Campus Crusade doing ministry in the inner city...super cool summer! Our husbands were in seminary together in Dallas, with no family around...so we really depended on each other. We started having lots of babies while we were there, and shared so many firsts together She is so dear to me, and has taught me a lot about being a good friend.

We now live the closest we've EVER lived married...approximately 8 minutes away...we even share the same HEB and Target! Our friendship has gone through many seasons, and as of late we try to fit in phone conversations...mostly when we're driving. We try to sneak out of the house in the evenings to hang out or watch the latest ghetto dance movie. :) We meet up for play dates when our schedules allow it. We bounce parenting concerns or ideas off of each other...or mysterious illnesses that our kids have developed...We talk out ways we can be better or more efficient homemakers...we exchange dinner ideas...we share areas we are struggling in and need prayer for...you name it. I'm so thankful that she's still a big part of my life after ALL these years. God has been good to me!

1 comments:

Kendall said...

Wow! That is incredible. I've known for a long time that our friendship is a special one from the Lord.

And I agree...you were super bossy. Haha.

Seeing all of our kids exchange hugs made my day today...that's a lot of hugs when they all greet each other.

I think we met 22 years ago. Is that right? We need to plan a fun getaway around the 25th anniversary of our friendship. :) I'm thinking NYC again.