Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Aiden

Birthday Breakfast -He's a whole hand!

Tough guy in camo

Aiden's Build A Bear date with my parents, and his new friend Sam.

Happy Birthday Aiden!

Burning some of that sugar off.


Wow, my oldest child just turned 5...that makes me a mom for 5 years now. Time has gone by so fast. I am teary as I reflect on our time together. I just knew I was having a girl, before we found out we were having you at 20 weeks, and I am so glad I was wrong. God had such a sweet plan for our family Aiden, as He made you the big brother of 3 little sisters. You are such a great example to your sisters (most of the time). You are kind, and compassionate. You really try hard to do the right thing. You have a servant's heart, just like your Daddy. You love people, and are sensitive to other's needs. You are passionate and fiery just like your name. You are a deep thinker, always stumping me with your questions, mostly about God. You are a learner, and that excites Daddy and I so much. We see your wheels turning all the time. Daddy and I talk a lot about what you're good at and what you might be when you grow up. What we hope most for you is a vibrant, growing relationship with Jesus Christ. We pray that you will follow God's leading in your life above anything else. We pray that you will lead a life of integrity and purpose. Aiden you are so dear to us. You have taught us so much as your parents. You have shown us what unconditional love looks like. You have put a face to sacrifice. You have shown us our deep deep need for God's love and mercy. You are a treasure and we praise God for the gift of your life. Thank you for making us parents 5 years ago. We are better for it. We love you son. Happy 5th Birthday little man.



1 comments:

Kendall said...

Great bday post! Aiden, aiden...he's such a little gentleman. We just love him!