Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Our Spring Snowstorm....Or Not

Front Door

Front Yard

Backyard. Chairs knocked down by the wind.

Backyard



We had the craziest storm this evening. We were at my parents when we found out there was a tornado warning in effect, and a big storm on the way. We frantically threw the kids in the car and hauled out of there, hoping to beat the storm, and live to tell about it (giving it a little dramatic flair). Anyways, the sky was BLACK. I usually don't worry about that kind of thing...but knowing that the people I love most in the world were all in the same car, freaked me out a bit. I prayed the whole way home. We were about a mile from our house and our car started shaking from the wind...we raced home, pulled into the garage...and no joke, as soon as we got out of the car, the sky fell open...talk about timing! Thank you Lord. The hail started quickly after...and man was it fierce. So I insisted that we hang out in our closet, fearing that a window or two was going to shatter. It lasted a good 10 minutes...and then it was over. The kids loved the excitement of it all...so I guess I pulled off my laid back effort. And look at that...I lived to tell about it.

1 comments:

Kendall said...

Y'all had much more hail than us. These pics are wild! It was so crazy that it got dark like night, and then 30 minutes later was sunny and looked like afternoon. Storms can be so eery. I was praying too.