Saturday, May 09, 2009

I Love My Life

I got to sleep in today, thanks to my wonderful family! When I finally decided to get out of bed, I woke to french toast, and my precious children holding signs that they made me. (We're celebrating Mother's Day today b/c Blake now works on Sundays.) I really love my life...I am blessed with an incredible husband, and 4 amazing kids. But it's seriously the hardest thing I've ever done...I get frustrated at times...like when I finish mopping and someone spills a drink, or treks dirt in the house, or when I pick up the house, and moments later, I can't see the floor anymore. Or the fact, that I'm on an endless quest to finish the laundry...or when I've worked hard to cook something new and tasty, and my kids turn up their noses in protest, and call it yucky...I get frustrated. But at the end of the day, I wouldn't trade any of it. I love my kids...and there are other moments that make it awesome...like when they need a comforting hug, or when they tell me I'm the bestest mommy in the whole world, or when I hear them praying...or when they tell me I'm a great cook...that does happen on occasion believe it or not. Or when they choose to obey, the first time, on their own, with a great attitude...ahh those are great moments.
I'm SO thankful that God has allowed me to become a mom. I have learned SO much from being a mom. I am a different person because of my children. I've become so much more aware of my sin...even more then when I got married. That was an eye opener too. God has used my kids to refine me and grow me in areas I'm weak...the many many areas. But I'll save that for another post. God has also reminded me of simple pleasures and joys. I admire the way my children look at life...full of wonder, and anticipation of something great. I'm thankful to be a part of that. Thank you Aiden, Gracen, Grier and Evan (and Blake for helping them) for making me feel special and loved. Happy Mother's Day! It's a good day!

1 comments:

Kendall said...

Your day sounded special. I'm so glad that you had a sweet celebration...you so deserve it!